Good Neighbor Do's and Don'ts
You can preserve and enhance the livability of your neighborhood by following some basic guidelines established through the Town of Spencer's code and zoning ordinances. These comprehensive strategies are formed to assist residents with improving their homes and neighborhoods.
- Become friends with your neighbors and try to work out any differences you may have
- Cut your grass once a week, keeping all clippings off streets and sidewalks
- Empty excess water collecting in pots, buckets and containers that can attract and breed mosquitoes
- Call the police and report any suspicious people or activities in the area
- Schedule bulky items for pick-up.
- Properly display house numbers
- Clean up after your pets
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors twice a year
- Keep all trash in an acceptable garbage can with a tight-fitting lid
- Park inoperable or unregistered vehicles on your property
- Park your car on the front lawn
- Store excess trash and debris around your home
- Play loud music, particularly after 11 p.m.
- Drain hazardous contaminants down the storm water drains
- Allow your dog to bark excessively during the night